• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me with my timings PLEASE :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

timing1.jpg

timing2.jpg

I can set the motherboard to normal,fast,turbo(crashes).

All my voltages are on default(vcore:1.76V,ddr:2.6V,agp:1.79v)

The highest FSB I can reach without crashing is 141, using the RAM settings pictured above. My ram: 1 stick of 512mb Samsung PC2700. I've ran sandra2000's burning in program for 15+ hours.

My cpu/case temp is pretty good, so that's not the problem. I've tried many different RAM settings and vcore voltage increases, but it just results in crashs/reboots.

Can someone PLEASE help?

btw, I've tried 2.4,4,3,6,3,4,2 using 'normal' and 'fast', but couldn't get the fsb higher than its currently at.

:( :mad:

The basic process is
1) set the fsb to 133 and timings to turbo
2) if unstable add Vdimm till stable
3) raise fsb and if unstable add Vdimm
4) work your way up to max fsb (or the max Vdimm you want to apply)

This assumes the cpu is stable at the fsb you're using.
a) If your cpu is unlock (but the fsb in your post suggests it isn't), set your cpu multiplier low while you're doing this process (step 1-4).
b) if it is lock, set the Vcore high to try and stablize it while you raise the fsb. Once you reached your max fsb try to decrease the Vcore to the lowest value possible.

Hope that helps. :cool:

BTW: 140+ is fairly typical fsb with a locked cpu and async memory. However, I could use max memory timings in that case. :D

The top picture(second line) suggests your memory is running at 174 (348 ddr)
with the cpu at 141 fsb.
Try changing the dram clock(line 5) from 166 to 133 and see if the second line changes to 141 memory 141 cpu.

deeppow said:
The basic process is
1) set the fsb to 133 and timings to turbo
2) if unstable add Vdimm till stable
3) raise fsb and if unstable add Vdimm
4) work your way up to max fsb (or the max Vdimm you want to apply)

This assumes the cpu is stable at the fsb you're using.
a) If your cpu is unlock (but the fsb in your post suggests it isn't), set your cpu multiplier low while you're doing this process (step 1-4).
b) if it is lock, set the Vcore high to try and stablize it while you raise the fsb. Once you reached your max fsb try to decrease the Vcore to the lowest value possible.

Hope that helps. :cool:

BTW: 140+ is fairly typical fsb with a locked cpu and async memory. However, I could use max memory timings in that case. :D

Is it suppose to be the same? I just assumed running 166mhz was better. I'll try that next.

It depends on how high your cpu can go if it's locked.
If it's unlocked it's better to use 1:1(133/133) and as high a fsb as the memory/componets can do.

Your original post seemed to suggest you couldn't run your memory past a 141fsb so if it's set to 166 in the bios and overclocked to 141fsb it's really at 171mhz not 141mhz.

If your memory is maxed out at 171mhz then setting the memory back to 1:1 (133/133) should allow you to go higher on the fsb if your cpu can go higher.

If at 1:1 you still can't go past 141fsb then your cpu is probably at it's max speed for the voltage-cooling you have.

Last edited:
Is the ram true Samsung or just Samsung chip go into Sandra the motherboard / bios info and see what it says is in the memory banks report back with the results. If it is genuine Samsung it should do what you have set without but if not then you might be stuck with 133.

Shawn

shill82 said:
Is the ram true Samsung or just Samsung chip go into Sandra the motherboard / bios info and see what it says is in the memory banks report back with the results. If it is genuine Samsung it should do what you have set without but if not then you might be stuck with 133.

Shawn

How would looking at the memory banks help me determine if it's original or third party?

looking at teh chip:
Samsung 226
K4H560838D-TCB3

near bottom of the board,it says : Corsair 50-00107 Rev A1

...looking through the 'mainboard info'....a tip at the bottom: fsb exceeds chipset rated speed.

Why does the mainboard info say I have a KT266 chipset when the Dragon Lite is clearly a KT333?

Also suggests for me to use unicode version of sandra?

Last edited:
The voltage readings in sandra are not always correct.
Heck it can't even read the right chipset ;)
Your bios probably has a section with voltage readings go by that first.

In sandra it should show you something like this. In my case mine is genuine Samsung. Sorry that i couldn't make the image any larger you can save it and zoom in to see it better. Its under mainboard info I forget what I told you to goto lasttime.

Shawn

Attachments

• sandra-memory.jpg
    sandra-memory.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 62
Back