• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RDRAM watercoolin anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

Hi,

I read here and there that Rambus PC800 can overclock to PC1066 speeds and PC1066 can overclock to PC1200.

Also I read that RAMBUS RAM needs good cooling.

Question:

Has anyone tried watercooling RDRAM? Does it help overclocking/stability?
Are there any comercial RDRAM watercooling solutions?

Thank you!

they announced that they were not making any more rdram this week their sticking with making faster DDR boards, so there probably isnt going to be mant comercial stuff oout there, you could make something yourself if you had the equipment

Originally posted by petreza
Has anyone tried watercooling RDRAM? Does it help overclocking/stability?
Haven't heard of any water cooling for ram (not yet anyway)....just direct a fan to blow over the sticks...should be ok.
Originally posted by kieronholden
they announced that they were not making any more rdram this week their sticking with making faster DDR boards, so there probably isnt going to be mant comercial stuff oout there, you could make something yourself if you had the equipment
I suppose you're talking about Intel.....you know their not the only players in the chipset market. Big one yes, but not the only.
SIS has two new rambus chipsets and I think VIA is making one also. So rambus isn't dead yet.

i havent done pc1066 but my samsung pc800 topped out at 1184mhz
that was 148fsb x4 x2

AZN

Back