• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CAS 1.5 anyone done it ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my bios does cas 1.5... my pc3000 does up to 140ish mhz at that setting. my benchmarks aren't as good as 2.5 at 210mhz though.

at 140/1.5 i get about 2800mb/s in sandra. 210 2.5 i get 3100 in sandra.

that's damn good tho
for many things the lower mem timing is great tho
i would trade a 200mhz fsb at 2.5cl for a 133mhz one at 1.5cl heck even over 2.0 :burn: :eh?: :rolleyes: :mad: :beer:

I forget where it was at......some other forums I think, but this one guy ran like every major benchmark there is on his ram at cas 1.5, 2, and 2.5. Guess what? It didn't do a d*mn thing.

1.5 was actually a few points/fps lower in all of the tests except for one (still only a few points/fps better).

I could care less about the timings, you'll get so much more from pure Mhz then begging for an extra nanosecond. I've tried it myself. Plus, like Maxvla said, he could have cas2 at 145 or cas 2.5 at 196........I'll take the (almost) DDR400, thank you.

things like seti could care less about the bandwidth
but really benefit from the better latency :eek: :cool: :beer: :D ;) :p
that's pretty much all i ever do with my comp hehe

Back