• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS3200....CAS2.0 stable or not-stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZeroKelvin

I noticed on a website (can't find it now) that Corsair XMS3200 with a CAS2.0 can't run at 2.0 with more than one stick of ram plugged in. Is this true? I have two sticks of the 512mb and noticed a very unstable system when I run it at 2.0 vs 2.5.
If this is the case...then am I better off running just one stick of ram instead of 2 and using the more aggresive settings?

Thanks for any help.

One stick of ram is usually better than 2 sticks because you can set more aggressize memory timings or gain a few more fsb's.

Can't say absolutely for 3200 but I was running 2 sticks of 512M Cosair XMS3000c2 previously and Cosair says the same thing about it. Ran them at C2 with no problems. Give it a try. :cool:

If you dont wanna keep the ram, you can sell it to me. :D But as for your question, a single stick of ram is usually the best setup to get a higher OC. If you are fortunate, two or more sticks of RAM won't hurt your OC by too much.

hi, on P4 systems, having more than one stick will hurt ur memory speed. no one can do 333MHz with 2 sticks corsair 3200c2 @ cas 2...and if they do they are lucky. i have heard better things about the pc3500 sticks from corsair someone has 2 sticks of it @ 385MHz @ cas 2 i believe....

Back