• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung pc2700 memory how far it could go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Michal[mt]

Hi All.
I am using this kind of memory. It is a Samsung pc2700 one and I could reach 180 mhz of frequency using 2.5-3-3-6-2 cas timings.
I got some instability problems on my system when I pass 180 mhz so I would appreciate if someone could tell me if it is my memory that is going to pass its limit.
For example when I set the FSB to 181 mhz my system immediatly becomes unstable.
Thanks in advance.

Thank you all guys...but let me ask you another question...
Had you also to set the memory timings to the worst values to make them working proprerly?
Thanks again.

Havent tried overclocking it that much, i've got it o 185 stable though at normal timings/2.65v i think. Its very much able to go a lot higher than that though.

No I dont have the worst timings, but not any good ones either.

I have tried to have better timings and less Mhz, bute more Mhz and worse timings gives more speed.

Have noticed that my memories became more stable @ 181 mhz by increasing the voltage from 2.5 to 2.7
Thanks again ;)

If the part number on you memory ends in xxxxC-TCB3 you can probably go upwards of 220 MHz with most conservative timings 2.5/3/3/7).

If the part number ends in xxxxD-TCB3 then you're probably going to max out out around 200 - 210 MHz with conservative timings.

These speeds would be with the Vdimm set to 2.7v.

My ram ends with xxxxD-TCB3.
However having a ram that goes up till to 200/210 mhz is nice.
About the vdimm you have suggested me I have noticed it yesterday when I couldn't go above 180 mhz with 2.5 volts.
Very thanks jmsandrsn your help was very precious.

Back