• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ddr Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ringo77

Hi!

I've looked everywhere for som help on a memory problem.

Here whats wrong:

Intalled a brand new DDR-DIMM PC2700 512MB DDR CL2.5 Minne 184-P (for DDR-PC333MHz) to my motherboard Shuttle AK65GT (also new) (XP 2000+ pros)

The dimm will only show 256 Mb of ram, i have updated the BIOS to the latest, but the problem wount go away. The RAM is no "brand name" but holds all the specs 4 the motherboard.

Thinking about returning the dimm for a new one

Can someone point me i the right direction....if it is one

:D :D :D

First, WELCOME to the forum!

I saw this a couple times. Always appeared to be a connection problem in that if I wiggled the stick it would straighten out. You might also try changing memory slots. If those don't work then as you say, it maybe bad. Good luck. :cool:

DDR RAM

Heya!

I've tried different slots, but it will not register the correct amount :mad:

Looks like i got to switch to a Crucial PC2100 DDR-DIMM 512MB cost the same as the other dimm, but lesser bus speed. But what the hell, i want it to work:rolleyes:

Thanks 4 any reply
Ringo

yep,
i agree with EyelessFace, CaptBill, deeppow...

be sure ram & slot connection r works well,
(try reinstall, clean slots, try another slots)

be sure mem works well
(try it another mobo)

if that dont work maybe you get in touch with them and tell them the problem i mean come on not your fault

Its because its double sided and your mobo only supports single sided ram ;)

that or it uses dual speed technology, which in that case you need two sticks of 512mb for them to register correctly

Kinerry said:
Its because its double sided and your mobo only supports single sided ram ;)

that or it uses dual speed technology, which in that case you need two sticks of 512mb for them to register correctly
I think that this is correct, as I had the same problem a couple of times before with Pentium base boards. Either the slot only accepts up to 256mb of ram, or it wont run double sided ram. Sometimes there is only one slot on the board that will support double sided ram. Check your mobo manual and it should explain this, or at least tell you if it is, or is not supported.

Back