• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burning in of ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

do you need to burn in ram to "hopefully" make it more useful when overclocking?

I have seen that burning in of the CPU has made it much easier for me to hit 195, but I am wondering if the same things need to be done to ram, or is it done already along with the CPU in Prime 95 already?

if not, what do you use to burn in ram?
well, break in ram, whatever makes more sense....;)

You really dont need to burn in Crosair Xms modules....as I see that your already at 195mhz.
Samsung pc2700 clt had trouble getting 190+ mhz unless you burnt it in.

Burning in memory is basically lowering the fsb down all the way and then setting the voltage really high (I stayed around 3.1 -3.2V). Then running memory/cpu intense prgrams like prime95 or sandra memory burning.......
running your system for a week or two would usually do the trick.

But as I said before, your crosair XMS is oc ready out of the box:D

burn in ram?

all you're doing is checking stability.

also, brand name of the module means nothing. the different companies all share memory chips. crucial uses 3 different brands for example.

all you're doing is checking stability.
yep, it's all about stability.
also, brand name of the module means nothing. the different companies all share memory chips. crucial uses 3 different brands for example
I believe Corsair uses Winbond exclusively, right?

Back