• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 volts to CorsairPC3000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kchip

Ive found a volt mod for my mobo. The question is: If my case temps are in the 25C-30C range , would going to 3 volts be a really bad idea?

Now Ive read where MrIcee has never run below 3v and never had a failure. Im wondering what you guys think? What is everyones EXPERIENCE ( not opinion ). Did 3 volts kill Your Stick?

I only use generic pc2100 ddr (most with Micron chips):D so I don't know about Corsair in particular;
I do know that none of my ddr has died, and I run my voltages as high as needed: usually as high as the mobo allows, and in one case higher;)

3 sticks that have been taking 3.2v or more for around 9 or 10 months, all over 166 mhz FSB. I do suggest having a fan blowing onto the memory to keep the air flowing, but I haven't bothered with ram sinks at all.

I ran my XMS3000c2 at 3V and it has seemed to suffer no ill effects. Got to say that 2.9 to 3.0V appears to be about the max of useful voltage on my 3000 after which it didn't matter, it wouldn't overclock any higher. :cool:

yea, most ram chips are test to stand 2.8 volts (correct me if i'm wronge) just like AMD cpus are tested at higher vcores. any way 3.0 should be fine. i run my memory at 2.8 even when it's not overclocked. it seemed to fix my probleme of locking up every now and again. it's OCsystem memory what can i say?. (crappy memory).

Back