• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

512 DDR Brand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
crucial.

they're the best company for quality, and a good return policy.

that and they often have free 2nd day shipping

Single 512 stick? Depends...can't ever go wrong with Corsair though. I've seen their pc3200 sticks running in the 240-250fsb range, both at 256 and 512mb.

Personally, I've got a stick of samsung ctl (the old stuff that sucks voltage)....great stuff if you can find it, but Corsair can't really be beat right now.

mook said:
Single 512 stick? Depends...can't ever go wrong with Corsair though. I've seen their pc3200 sticks running in the 240-250fsb range, both at 256 and 512mb.

Personally, I've got a stick of samsung ctl (the old stuff that sucks voltage)....great stuff if you can find it, but Corsair can't really be beat right now.
and both corsair and crucial use different companies chips. samsung has been seen on crucial.

buy the level of service you want.

mook said:

I second that I hear good stories of corsair xms

Originally posted by Tebore
I know ppl are getting crazy FSB with 2100 crucial sticks, but they all seem to be of the 256 kind. What would you recommend for high FSB on a single 512 stick?
TIA

Are you asking about a Crucial stick or just any brand? If only Crucial, I think their highest rated ram is PC2700, then I'd get that. Although people overclock their ram a lot, I'd rather have a higher guaranteed speed on memory then a lower one and try to overclock getting that speed. At least that way, you'd have more of a chance to OC higher than the lower rated speed. Of course if this is any brand, I'd rather get the XMS 3200 and get the guaranteed speed of 200MHz

Originally posted by mook
Single 512 stick? Depends...can't ever go wrong with Corsair though. I've seen their pc3200 sticks running in the 240-250fsb range, both at 256 and 512mb....

What timings were those guys using? Didn't think XMS 3200 would go to DDR 500.

Last edited:
mook said:
I'll let you in on a little secret.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4589

Look at the clock speed, look at the timings, and then look at the voltage.

I'd love to get that stick attached to a Nforce2 :D

GAAH! That's faster than pc1200 RDRAM!:eek:

Good stuff. I definately recommend Corsair. They even have a cas2 pc3500 out now. 217FSB, cas2! Good stuff if you can get the rest of your system to go that fast! I'd venture that you'll need a better board to do that, but I've been proven wrong before.

Then a pc2700 or pc3000 corsair XMS stick would be perfect. (rated for 166 and 185fsb, respectively. Available in Cas2.)

I have Samsung PC2700 and am going to upgrade to Corsair XMS PC3200 512MB CAS2. Have heard nothing but good things about it.

Back