• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS PC3500 or XMS PC3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SmellyDraws

Registered
I have PC3500 and love it. It is only a few dollars more than 3200 and people are still saying that it is the best. Is there any diference between these two that make the PC3200 better even though the 3500 is faster?

cypher said:
I believe that the 3200 has faster memory timings. And would be faster in unless your fsb is above 200.

No,

PC3200 CL2 can run effectively in spec at PC3500 CL2.5. PC3500 is just PC3200 Memory that is certified to run at 434MHz (PC3500).

Corsair has gone the extra step to Certify not only PC3500 memory but to back it to run 100% stable at CL2 timings with a 1T timing!!

Corsair PC3500 Platinum is the most powerful DDR currently that money can buy. It can effectively achieve speeds of up to 500MHz without crappin out ;)

OC-Master

I bought the Corsair XMS PC3500C2. I didn't really need it that fast, but figured that if I'm gonna get some, I might as well get some that I can "grow into" ;)

Corsair has gone the extra step to Certify not only PC3500 memory but to back it to run 100% stable at CL2 timings with a 1T timing!!

I can also verify it runs that fast and stable.
my cas timings are 2-3-3-6-t1 with XMS 3500.
stable, never had a worry.
I reached 207 on my highest FSB and didn't have the ram crap out on me so it must be doing something right.

The 3500 is with the Winbond BH-5 (5 ns) chips, while the 3200 is with the BH-6 rev. b chips.

They perform almost the same, the 3500 is little better..but if you are buying the ram in order to run it@ 200-220 mhz the 3200 are enough, only for extreme mem speed the 3500 will show it's better ability.

BTW- they both need long burn-in in order to perform..use Goldmemory\Memtest in order to reach higher speed .

OK......I'm sick and tired of reading that the Corsair XMS3500 C2 is BETTER than the Corsair XMS3200 C2 one.....PROOVES PLEASE......I'm waiting for benches to prove people who are reading this thread that the Corsair XMS3500 C2 can BEAT Corsair XMS3200 C2.......
If you go and read worldwide the forums you'll find out that the Corsair XMS3500 C2 is almost equal or even worse than the Corsair XMS3200 C2 one.....
;) :D

BTW....It can't even reach the Overclocability of the Corsair XMS3200 C2.....

Just do what I did: buy both sticks!

Actually, I can sell them used in Japan for at least what I paid in the U.S., so I'm not crazy. The XMS 3500 was priced at $230 last week and I thought that was insane; it is now up to $250 on Newegg. :eek:

One thing good with Corsair is even if they don't do what they are rated at, they will willingly RMA it.

"I wish they would certify um at 2-2-2-6-t1 rather than 2-3-3-6-t1
the other timings are just as important"

You are pretty much asking for too much for 2-2-2-6-1. Maybe some day. Won't make much diff in bandwidth over slower settings but maybe it will show up in 3DMark.

hipro5 said:
OK......I'm sick and tired of reading that the Corsair XMS3500 C2 is BETTER than the Corsair XMS3200 C2 one.....PROOVES PLEASE......I'm waiting for benches to prove people who are reading this thread that the Corsair XMS3500 C2 can BEAT Corsair XMS3200 C2.......
If you go and read worldwide the forums you'll find out that the Corsair XMS3500 C2 is almost equal or even worse than the Corsair XMS3200 C2 one.....
;) :D

BTW....It can't even reach the Overclocability of the Corsair XMS3200 C2.....

Yeah but then there is the Corsair Platinum PC3500 stuff that mashes up any competition by alot. Were talking speeds of 500MHz+ with fairly aggressive timings.

OC-Master

OC-Master said:

Yeah but then there is the Corsair Platinum PC3500 stuff that mashes up any competition by alot. Were talking speeds of 500MHz+ with fairly aggressive timings.

OC-Master

.....and who has this stuff working at that speed???......

I've got the 3500 CAS2, I couldn't get it above 450MHz at 2-7-3-3 on an IT7-MAX2.

It seemed even less stable at CAS2.5!!! Weird.

I've got a new MAX2 V2 now, but I'm waiting on my processor/watercooling before I can get it up and running.

Back