• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS this original or 3rd party samsung ram:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

ram.jpg

I'm not getting very high fsb's at all and I'm not sure which to blame :D

Currently w/a multipliar at 11.5, I can only get 149 stable. Ram timings? I don't really know what to set it on. I've read so many different things. For the more agressive timings, I get a good sandra score, but receive an error in prime95 :(

If i can read correctly, and I like to think that I can, that does say corsair, 50-00107 rev a-1 for the type of pcb that the samsung chips are mounted on. I mean it should be a good ram because nether corsair or samsung make cheap products.

Considering it is designed for 166MHz perhaps something else is going on... not enough voltage? or perhaps you got sold a stick of PC2100? I've got a stick of 2700 here that will do 201MHz... it would probably do more, but I don't want to push my luck without RAM sinks...

If the stick is original Samsung it will say so in 1mm high letters in that corner of the ram you are showing, but not sure if Newegg still sells them as they must be getting rare now.

I've found even with some subpar (late CTL) sticks, they still should be able to do 166, 2-2-2-6, even with 2-256 MB sticks. Won't come close to do DDR400 though.

Yeah, I realize it's a 3rd party brand. Not sure what's keeping me back from higher fsb's right now..

It might not be your ram holding you back. Your Soyo board is not a very good overclocker. When I had a Soyo k333 ultra that was about all I could get with the same stuff in my sig. Upgraded to the kt400 and got quite a bit more out of it.

no it wont be the ram, those samsung dtl chips are usually good for 170-175mhz without much hassle.

Id say its not the board or the ram, its the processor

is it unlocked? if its not then 149fsb is about all you will get from an xp2000+

if you have unlocked the cpu you could be running it at 171fsb x 10 (1.71ghz) or even 180fsb x 9.5 (1.71ghz)

james.miller said:
no it wont be the ram, those samsung dtl chips are usually good for 170-175mhz without much hassle.

Id say its not the board or the ram, its the processor

is it unlocked? if its not then 149fsb is about all you will get from an xp2000+

if you have unlocked the cpu you could be running it at 171fsb x 10 (1.71ghz) or even 180fsb x 9.5 (1.71ghz)

How high can I get the processing speed to? Or should I just solely be concentrating on raising the fsb only (and not worry how high the processing speed is)

the speed you can achieve really deppends on what core stepping you have. the best can hit 2ghz (but thats the best)

1.7 to 1.8 ghz is about where most of them top out. which is where yours is right now.

i was thinking about this and realised it could also be your motherboard, since i believe the soyo kt333 dont have a 1/5 divider (needed if you want fsbs higher than 166mhz)
It could be that the board, or other components (hdd ect) are crapping out due to high pci speeds

Back