• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about cas2 and 2.5 RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

Ok, So I understand the difference between 2 and 2.5

RAM like the Corsair XMS comes in the cas2.

Would this mean that the cas2 is stable enough where I won't have to resort to 2.5 on that stick? What I mean is, I understand how on the regular cas2.5 rams, if you manually set it to cas2 in the bios and OCing isn't stable, you should change it back to the stable cas2.5.

SO the Corsair's with cas2 will be stable enough for high fsb's right?

Is there that much of a difference between the cas2 and cas2.5 from corsair?

Sorry, it's 3AM and I just started thinking :)

btw, it's such a B**** that RAM prices keep rising :mad: My indecision is costing me $$

Cosair is guaranteed to perform at the specs quoted for it. You may also push Cosair above its rating but your chances of success will be a roll of the dice as to how far you can push it. You can push it further at settings less aggressive than those in the specs. (That is true of any brand.)

My experience with 2 sticks of XMS3000c2 and 2 sticks of XMS3500c2 is that they perform as guaranteed but that you aren't going to push the sticks of 3000 to 3200 levels. That would make business sense if you are testing and sorting memory to sell the different performance levels.

You can buy other brands of lower rated ram for less money that might do the same but it is a roll of the dice.

Last edited:
Back