• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc-2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I varies pretty widely.
It is rated for 133 mhz fsb (DDR=266) and I have had some that would do no higher, although that is rare.

Most will do 140 I think, and its possible to get pc2100 that runs at 166 or better, although bumping voltage up a bit is usually needed for that high a speed.

I have 3 sticks that are excellent running right now: 2 in the 170 range and one (overvolted to 3.4v) at 180.

like the others guys said, u will never know unless u try it.if its good quality ram, it wud do 160-170 effortlessly with a little bump on the vdimm.

my generic 2100 ddr ram does 200mhz (ddr 400) at 2.7v... but unless your very lucky, you won't get that far..

rogerdugans: how the hell can you run 3.4v and not burn your ram?

back when i was at 1628 i was at 10.5x155 (i was able to work at 166 ok untill my hdd corrupted...lasted at 166 for about 2 weeks, i guess the volts threw up one day and it didnt like it (default vdimm btw, then and now))

I have hit 175 FSB with only 1.85 vcore. I haven't tried to go higher, but I know I could.
SlowBurn, the vcore isnt what matters when talking about ram, the vdimm (the voltage for the ram) is what lets you get to higher speeds when your ram is holding you back, just up it just like the vcore (some mobo's dont let you change it, like mine :()

DManeKid said:

SlowBurn, the vcore isnt what matters when talking about ram, the vdimm (the voltage for the ram) is what lets you get to higher speeds when your ram is holding you back, just up it just like the vcore (some mobo's dont let you change it, like mine :()

DOH! I meant to put 2.65 DDR. Forgive me I work nights, and I must have been exhausted :(

169 Fsb Crucial pc2100 @ 2.85v
All set to aggresive except Command rate at 2T and Decode at Fast

Using Abit kx7 333R

Back