• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with XMS 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Top Hat Theater

Just got a new 512MB stick of XMS 3200 C2 RAM only to find it doesn't like booting at 166MHz FSB. Tried raising vdimm to 2.9 but that didn't do any good. What happens is my video gets all messed up from the BIOS POST screen on. orange, blue, weird symbols all show up and then it kills the system upon booting into win2k. I'm going to try more relaxed timings but most of the time, I can't even read what's on my screen. Right now, I'm using my old stick of XMS3000 and it works fine at 166.

~THT

good call even great companies have products that don't work once in a while. bad luck but I'm sure you won't have any problems.

They authorized my RMA in four hours...I'm impressed! Shippin' it out tomorrow morning UPS 2nd Day. Hoping to get a stick back by Thursday next week. However, with the way they treated this incident, I'll be more than willing to pay the premium for their product because I know they'll take care of any problems.

~THT

Back