• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram voltage, how much is too much?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

i've read that using high voltages can fry or greatly shorten the life of ram. I also know that higher than stock voltages are needed for high overclocks. I want to overclock my crucial 2100 256mb ram, but what voltages are safe, what are dangerous, what's the tradeoff? I don't want to kill any ram. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

anything up to 2.95v is ok as long as you have good ventalation for youre case. anything over that and you might need some kind of cooling for the ram.(fan or heat spreader). it also depends on the ram. but most good ram sticks, crutial,corsiar,samsung can handle the high voltage with no problems.

goodluck!

I've had my Crucial up to 2.9v. Right now it is at 2.7v and running 166 MHz FSB at Fast settings. It won't go over 174, and mine isn't stable over 168 for more than 2 hours.

Back