• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone RMA'd to Corsair?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rykh

Registered
I got a new stick (pc2700 xms 512mb) to add to the same version but it was 256mb. I popped the 512 in running at 166mhz and cas2. Nothing faster than what it is rated and it locks up at post. So im going to RMA it back. Anyone know how long it takes. I hate paying $170 dollors for a part, 2day fedexing it to me, then it comes faulty. So i can send it back to the company, and they test it find out its not working, then send me a new one. All in all a month later i get it back. After spending another $10 dollars on shipping. So technically the 2day air takes a month and costs 100% more than usual. And the price of the memory stick drops by $10 or so in that month time. So you end up paying a lot of extra money for a companies mistake. Is it just me or are companies cheap these days and dont care about customers?

I had to RMA a Corsair stick once, but through Newegg. It took about 6 days total.

If time is critical you can ask about cross-shipping, but they will at the very least make you back the order on your credit card. You may have to pay for shipping on their end too.

i got this stick from googlegear, wonder if they are like newegg. This is my first order from them, i figured it might be better to go through corsair.

First did you try just the 512 stick by its self. I think I've read on hear, the forums, that trying to overclock two sticks won't get you as high of overclock. Especially if they are two different sizes, but I'm not for sure on anything. If you have tried just the 512, do it, that way you know it's the ram.

Isn't 2700 supposed to run 166 anyway? and xms at cas 2? so technically isn't your ram running right spec.? sure it you may get jipped out of getting any overclock, but they, I don't think, sent you a faulty chip.

And to answer your question, I think companies very much care about their costomers these days, more so now than ever probably. If wasn't for them caring we wouldn't have the option to RMA. It's people who take advantage of a good system, to screw other costomers over. But I don't want to start that debate again, but I do feel that way, too.

Yes i tried it by itself, in every slot, and no i havent even had the chance to overclock with it. Everything has been at stock speeds. I finally got it to run, but in 2 ways, one by decreasing it to 133 and changing cas to 2.5. Also by raising the voltage to 2.8, leaving it 166, but running memtest86 i got tons of errors. So either way this stick will not run effectively at cas 2.0 and 166mhz, like it is rated at.

rma to corsair

I bought some corsair 512 sticks from a store on ebay.
He would not rma the items. I sent the sticks back to corsair with the lifetime warranty. I spoke with the customer service rep for corsair. She gave me a tracking number. I have seen it has been delievered. I am waiting till tommorrow, to get my sticks. I will see if they sent me actual replacements or just sent me back the same sticks of ram. I think it may be the latter. Guess i will see.

Oh, not cas2 and 166, then for sure yeah something is wrong, I don't know to RMA corsair or just where you bought it from, I assume where you bought it from, but whatever, I can't tell you much more.

Back