• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK...really ****ing me off!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zindane18

OK guys...heres the deal...I have an Abit Max2 with a 2200XP chip... 2 Maxtor ATA 133 Hardrives Raid. THe problem is I really want to OC this bad boy. I have great cooling and everything. Problem is, I try to OC it above 140 fsb and it locks. I thought it was my PC2100 mem...so I just bought PC3200 and everything. I have a geforce 3 ti200 and soundblaster Audigy. The only tother thing in my rig is a ati cap. card. I even tried upping the fsb to like 170 and changing the ratio to 5:2:1 but it wont boot up under any fsb with that ratio....I dont get it!!! Tried increasing some voltages...still nothing...can someone plz help me.!!

Thanks

Zindane

Yes your chip is unlocked. My chip was unlocked after a little mod since I have a kt333 board but on your board it should already be unlocked. My xp2200 is running at 1900 MHz (12.5 x 152) at 1.625 volts (Stock is 1.65. I have the first revision of the xp2200). You will probably have to up the vcore if you want yours to run faster. Watch your temps though.

There is a database that lists what people have gotten w/ their processors at www.overclockers.com.

I also believe that the xp2200 runs at 1800 MHz stock.

Happy hunting w/ the search.

The 2200 comes unlocked with the MAX2. What BIOS are you running? I think your in the wrong section of the forums. When you want proper help with this board we have a section that caters to it.

PS Swearing will get you nothing in these Forums.

13.5X170 that's nearly 2.3 ghz. not very likely. if you want to run higher fsb you're going to need to unlock that chip. 13.5X140.. somewhere around 1850? that's a pretty reasonable o/c from an xp2200

Well thats what I was just thinking about....now someone told me that with the XP 2200...its unlocked... I tried bootong up at 12.5 x and it POSTED at 1.67 ghz now if it does post....does that mean it is infact unlocked??

Alright....I cranked down Muti to 11 x 166 and she running stable as can be with 1/5 divider under load temps running at 43-46 C not to bad?? Vcore at 1.75 and DDR at 2.65 before I go towards 200 FSB....should I up the volt?? Thanks everyone

P.S. to go to 200fsb im going to lower muti...down to 9x

keep dropping the multi to keep your cpu speed roughly the same as you raise the fsb. this way you can find your highest stable fsb while being certain that your cpu isn't going to be holding you up.

*edit. don't worry about upping the voltage for now, it's not going to do anything to help your fsb o/c. once you find what fsb you want to stay with, you can start raising the multi and see what the chip can get to. higher voltages will help you then.

Back