• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dram drive strength, i have no clue what to set this to.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john240sx

this is what's on the screen

name........................ options

DRam Drive Strength (Auto/Manual)
Reg (F0).................... 1/2/3
(Rx6C 7:6) .................0/1/10/11
(Rx6C 5:4) ............... 0/1/10/11

i'm trying to get this PC2100 as high as possible, it seems to top out at 158Mhz, my goal is 166Mhz. in about a month i'll be getting some faster ram, i just have to do something to hold me off until then :)

so, can those adjustments help me get a little higher FSB or am i scraping the bottom of the barrel already?

(i did read the sticky about memory already, it doesn't have anything about this...at least it's not under the same names if it is)

oh yeah, GA-7VRX rev. 2 motherboard. F7 BIOS.

EDIT: also, right now i have just one PC2100 256MB stick, if i added another 256MB stick of PC2700 it won't have a problem will it? i know it will be limited by the stick of 2100 but i know the 2100 stick will do 150Mhz so i don't want to get another 2100 stick and lose that overclock (i don't have enough money to get a 512 stick of PC2700 right now but i need more ram).

Last edited:
opinions, idea's.....anything?

i'm not going to bump this again so i hope someone can give me any info on this. i've looked everywhere and i can't fine anything on these settings.

Back