• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair PC3200 memory settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

Hi I just got a 512 Corsair Platinum PC3200 XMS.

What settings to use in Bios for A7V333 (ASUS)

Turbo setting?

How would I overclock the front bus using turbo? Can it be done without getting registry errors where I would have to reinstall windows?

OK, I am a slight Newbie. :rolleyes:

Can I use Turbo setting at 140fbs?
Turbo settings are 2,2,2,5,4-way, 1T.

you cant really say what the memory can do on a certain set up. youll have to take a few minutes and find what the highest setting that is stable. just try it, theres no telling beyond the manufactures spec but many systems can do better.

Geobronc said:
Can I use Turbo setting at 140fbs?
Turbo settings are 2,2,2,5,4-way, 1T.

This Corsair is rated for 200 MHz FSB. I think it will be able to handle 140 MHz FSB with aggressive timings.:)

140 was a snap! Hmmm, Wondering how high I can go with these aggressive timings for fbs. Set now at 2,2,2,5,4-bank, 1T.

WTF?, my XMS 3500 Cas2 wouldn't run default speeds at 2-2-5-2! It's running 2-6-3-3 right now at 210mhz 2.6V. Whats wrong with my memory?

Kerry

It's not rated to run 2-2-5 at any speed. It's rated to run at 414 (?) 3-3-6. It's not doing that so I'd RMA it directly to Corsair. That's what I did with my previous stick and I had a new one within 10 days.

~THT

Back