• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SHould I get this? Corsair XMS3200 or save and get 3500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XyKo

Disabled
Can someone tell me what the difference between Corsair XMS3200 and the 3500? And is this a good price for 512ram of 3200, 150, some guy is selling me them factory sealed around my neighborhoood.

plus do anyone know if the samsung ram are good? he got a pc3500 512ram for 150 too. tell me what you think.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

those are good prices dude, i say go for it. pc3200 and pc3500 differ on the Speed, pc3200 runs at 400MHz and pc3500 at 433MHz...

So you must get a good fsb speed to use the full potential of this type of memory, im not sure about your mobo, maybe if you list the memory dividers i can help you out and tell you how much fsb you need for either stick.

As an example, in my asus a7v333 i would have to use the maximum 1:1 fsb divider at 200MHz FSB to achieve pc3200 speeds (200MHz bus x 1 x double data rate = 200MHz)

Those are awesome prices, like $20 cheaper than online retailers and you don't have to wait for shipping either.

hey how about this? I got a amd 2400+ lying around brand new factory seal. I won it from the amd show. Just wondering if it a good deal to trade it in for 512 3200?

XyKo said:
hey how about this? I got a amd 2400+ lying around brand new factory seal. I won it from the amd show. Just wondering if it a good deal to trade it in for 512 3200?

no, its worth more money, i say try ebay for that... or give it to me 4 free :D

well I got no use for it anyways so i just met up with the guy and traded it to him. these thing are brand new with their heatsink.

Back