• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

I have an apple cube sitting somewhere upstairs (never use it becuase it is so slow), but anyway I decided to look at the specs of the cube, and to my suprise they are very good! Anyway, I am crawling at 128s megs of PC-100. Now, that kind of ram is very cheap now-a-days, and I want to know if regular ram (like we use in our computers) will work in apple computers. I looked on the back of a PNY memory pack, and they said it does, but I want to double check, becuase I might be buying 1.5 gigs of pc-100 ram. :D :p

Umm... should do I think.

If it says on the pack that it will work, then try it. That way if it doesnt work, you have a legal entitlement to a refund, as the product did not do what is was advertised to do.

David

Hmm, thats very true. I just wouldnt want to argue with the compusa people saying my ram didnt work, becuase I know they would blame it on the mobo or the vid card, then try and sell me one of their's.

Skiing Squirrel said:
Hmm, thats very true. I just wouldnt want to argue with the compusa people saying my ram didnt work, becuase I know they would blame it on the mobo or the vid card, then try and sell me one of their's.

Keep your receipt, and if they argue, ask to speak to a manager. I know from experience that staff will stop their BS if the manager gets involved. If that fails, contact the RAM manufacturer.

David

Alright... Thanks man. I might go pick some up this weekend if the Christmas traffic will allow though, and if my dad feels like taking me.

Skiing Squirrel said:
Alright... Thanks man. I might go pick some up this weekend if the Christmas traffic will allow though, and if my dad feels like taking me.

1.5Gig of RAM should be nice :)

Three slots, yes?

David

Back