• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RDRAM Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryw2

Registered
I have an Asus P4TE with 16 bit PC800 Mem. My question is can I use new 32 bit 40ns PC800 RDRAM with this board. Also which mem oc's better 16 bit or 32bit. Can't get past 940 with old memory.

No - you have to have a board that supports 32 bit RDRAM, like the Asus P4T533 (NOT -C).

you cant use the newer 32 bit rdram with that board.940 is a nice little overclock for stock stuff. what is holding u back is either your rdram or the direct rambus generator clocks.if you would like to try a little experimenting and have the cash get a couple of samsung pc 1066 sticks. if you still cant get any higher replace your clock generators wth 533 chips. i did this to my th7ll.with a vmem mod(2.7 v). i can now run my memory @ pc 1200, and that is with the older 35ns pc1066. this equates to a monsterous increase in my memory bandwidth. With these modifications on an older board, i am hitting 3700-3800 scores As with all experimenting and modification nothing is guarenteed. but with a little research and the right tinkering an older generation board can be refreshed and compete on even footing with newer technologies.

when you say that board is able to use - thats obviously using the i850 chipset...so is that something to do with the memory modules themselves?

are we gonna start seeing true support for this on a newer chipset - or are other motherboard manus. gonna follow suit and ddo whatever asus did?

Back