• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crucial return policy...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

has anyone had experience with dead crucial ram? it stopped working after i changed my heatsink, i'm sure it's the ram, my other stick works and the dead one doesn't work in other systems either, i can try to rma it but they might charge me for 20% restocking fee or labor fee whichever is higher...if it's not a defect in manufacturing. I might have chipped it with the screwdriver, if i get charged, does that mean i'm absolutely getting a working stick of ram? 20% fair market value... if someone has dealt with crucial's return service, any help would be appreciated, thanks

I've returned 2-3 sticks to them but haven't in nearly a year. RMA was very painless and the turnaround time was not more than a week. They even 2nd day aired the replacements to me.

If the chips are physically damaged, I doubt you're going to have any luck. If it just failed outright due to natural causes, you shouldn't have any problems. They will even cross-ship with you if you don't want to wait until they recieve your stick to send another. You will be refunded as soon as they do get it.

not totally on the topic, but i must say that corsair has a great return policy. They didn't even ask me if I broke it screwing w/ the heatsinks (which I did :) )

Back