• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CorSair XMS setting, Help needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

I have Corsair Platinum XMS PC3200 (512mb).
I have my BIOS settings for Memory set at 2,2,2,5, 4-way interleave, 1T command.

I cannot get my BIOS settings for Front Bus past 140mhz!

Of course I have not unlocked the processor, so my Multiplier is set for 13 at the lowest.

Can someone with an ASUS a7V333 tell me how to set my BIOS and how to unlock my T-bred?

I don't know if this is the answer in your case, but I've been through 3 different motherboards with the same ram (see sig), and I can tell you that each board gives different results.

Epox 8k3a for example -- unlocked cpu would do 195 FSB stable, ram would do it too, but not at 1T.

Abit KX7-333r -- if I remember right I couldn't get past 180 FSB with 1T no matter how relaxed the timings were.

And now my P4 board. Sucks ***, but I'm limited in my Vdimm (2.7). :mad:

Although if you can't even get past 140 FSB, I would suspect your cpu, not the ram. Go into Windows and try Prime95, as well as MemTest.

grunjee said:
I don't know if this is the answer in your case, but I've been through 3 different motherboards with the same ram (see sig), and I can tell you that each board gives different results.

Epox 8k3a for example -- unlocked cpu would do 195 FSB stable, ram would do it too, but not at 1T

I dunno, look @ my sig and i'm running most agressive timings on my corsair with 2.8vdimm and 1T command.

And with my XP1600 AROIA Y 0213 i got 10x198 stable with the same ram and timings.

Back