• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

166mhz or higher with Corsair XMS PC3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

I have tried to get my memory to most aggressive settings of:
2,2,2,5,4-way interleave, 1T.

Works fine at 15x140mhx (2100mhz CPU)

I then tryed to move to 13x166 with same memory settings and my PC wouldnt even boot into BIOS.

I then tryed 15x145 and it would not boot into BIOS.

Is this happening because I have my memory settings to aggressive or because I need to unlock my processor to get to the lower multipliers?

I think its not your mem because mine is running @ 172 mhz agressive timing just with 2.5v.

Have you been increasing the core voltage? I found that my xp2400 needed to have the voltage increased after getting upwards of 2100MHz.

I had mine running at 145x15 for a while but it is now unlocked and running at 184x12 :D

well in fact my 1600+ is runing @ 173x10.5 locked with only 1.8v 100% stable... Im going to unlock it and try to get 200mhz fsb :beer:

I'd suggest unlocking, dropping the multi to 9.5/10 and setting the FSB to ~200. But first, loosen your timings to 3-3-6 CAS2 1T. Once you've found your maximum FSB, tighten one timing at a time and that should give you the best performance. Once you've found the maximum operating speed of your RAM, raise the multiplier to achieve a higher OC.

~THT

How do you unlock the XP2400 exactly? I need instructions please.

Back