• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I The Ram Master Or Am I The Ram Master?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
I just bought 4 sticks of PNY pc2100. 3 came with Spectec (S in a diamond on chips PCB says Spectec) 7.5ns chips. I opened one and I set it at 166, ran 1 loop of prime95 rebooted, set it at 170 1 loop rebooted 180 1 loop rebooted 190 Couldnt load windows. at 185 now running Prime95 at DEFAULT VOLTAGE! And it is at test 4 so far. Not guarenteed stability but My crucial which is rock solid at 172 couldnt load windows at 175.

THIS IS 185 OUT OF 133 RAM AT DEFAULT VOLTAGE! Jesus Christ! And I HAVE THREE STICKS OF IT. It's taking all my willpower not to whip it out and start beating myself off to the thought!

And I thought my 2 sticks at 172mhz and other stick at at least 166 (likely a bit more), were good. COMON! let the other three be this good.

By the way. You folks might be seeing some crucial ddr266 in classifieds soon, if all this stuff performs this well. ;)

Just finished test 10... No errors yet.

First stick does 187. Second of the same stuff does 175. Third of the same stuff does 173.

All at default volts by the way.

I haven't tested the infineon stick yet. I will tonight or tomorrow. Gonna test my crucial sticks again as well (solo). Look's like if I want 512megs of ram, my highest FSB will be 175... Unless this Infineon has something up it's sleeve.

Once I'm done I'll probably take the highest performing gigabyte and sell off the rest. I still can't believe that stick did 187 stable. It's a damn shame the other two couldn't keep up. Both still did beat my crucial stuff however (Of course these are only 10 or 20 minutes of burnins. I'd say it's likely I'll lose a mhz or two for Absolute stability when I perform more complete testing.

Last edited:
Where did you purchase your ram? I would like to get some of that!

which one is better?

2 questions. (1) Which one is better, the PNY Samsung Chips (tcb3) or the Infineon chips (-6)? (2) I have PNY samsung tcb3 chips and I can run it stable with prime95 at 2.2.2.6 @ddr300 or 2.3.3.6@ddr400 in the P4PE @ 150 fsb using a 1.6a. which setting.

Ok... Thusfar here's my ram setup.

1stick pc2100 Crucial -182mhz Bought at best buy
1 stick pc2100 Crucial -195mhz< Bought from Pinky
1 Stick of pc2100 Crucial -192mhz< Bought from pinky
1 stick pc2700 Sumsung/generic -192mhz< Bought from DipstickTony
1 stick PC2100 PNY/Spectec -187mhz Bought at best buy
1 stick PC2100 PNY/Spectec -175mhz Bought at best buy
1 Stick PC2100 PNY/Spectec -173mhz Bought at best buy
1 Stick PC2100 PNY/Infineon -158mhz Bought at Circuit City

The two sticks that scored 192 will have to be tested a bit more as the power supply I was using is suspect. They might score a bit higher.
The 195 stick might score higher, but I cannot test any higher as my PCI/AGP doesnt like it.

well u are running some good sticks but bring it on if u wanna see the fsb masters.

corsair 2100@207fsb :D 128mb 2.5-3-3-6
samsung 2700@197 fsb 2.0-2-2-5 512 mb 200+ with relaxed timings.
both use sammy chips.

i strongly suggest u try samsung chips.

spectec is a great brand i have a stick of 256 mb pc133 cl3 that does 145 cl2.it has micron chips.it outdoes my crucial cl2 that only boots to 136 without scrambling everything.i have the spectec and kingston pc150 running 144 together.guess i'll keep the crucial as a spare.

buying anything with spectek chips is sorta like playing russian roulette. no two sticks ive ever bought with their chips on it has been consistent with any of the other sticks using their chips. some rocked and some wouldnt do 133 tight timings even with 2.8 vdimm.

would it be possible for the person who was lucky enough to get the good ones be able to post the chip markings including batch #

Back