• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first ->166 Crucial or Generic Samsung

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heezer7

Both chips are 2100 of 512, which chip do you think will have a better chance of making it to 166FSb. want to know which to start out testing first. The one is crucial and the other is some PCB with samsung chips.

Crucial. Mine does 175 2-2-2 2.9v. Samsung is good, but a lot of their stuff is less than stelar.

I've got 3 sticks of crucial 2100 (256megs each). One does 182. One does AT LEAST 192 (Maybe more) One is doing 195 as we speak (this machine) and running prime around the 20th test with no errors. I'll bet I could hit 200 with it no problems... but My cdrom is starting to get screwy names at post which makes me worry about data corruption from pushing PCI too high.

(Edit: Yep. Ram can do 196 fine at least to windows but my agp bus was too high so I got minor graphical glitches. Back at 195 now.)

Default timings and voltage on all by the way.

My 128meg stick of generic samsung chips PC2700 (NOT 2100 like the crucial) caps at 192 default voltage and timings thus far.

Last edited:
wow,p crucial pc2100 does that good? That is sweet, I might get some of that. Can you do aggressive timings at 166 fsb?

TheFrag said:
wow,p crucial pc2100 does that good? That is sweet, I might get some of that. Can you do aggressive timings at 166 fsb?

What did you do with your sticks??? Mine do at least 155 (2x256 MB). There's no chance to run @166 with NORMAL Settings on my 8K5A2, so I do 12.5x145 @ most aggressive settings. (2.7)

Alone I had one running @200 with NORMAL and 2.9, but only for Sandras Mem-bench ... don't know if it was stable ...

Back