• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the best ram to buy for a fair price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpw2atox

what is the best ram to buy for a fair price? I want to run a 190MHz - 200Mhz FSB on my kt333 chipset so i need pc3200 ram and at cl2 if posessible but what brand has the best price/performance ratio???

I don't honestly know the best price: performance ratio, but I've heard a lot of happy people who have Corsair XMS. Take it for what it's worth. I generally will spend a little extra money for peace of mind.

I am very happy with the performance of my Corsair XMS PC 3200 C2 it was a bit pricy at 104.00 for a 256 meg stick but for the perf it was worth it. It's rock stable @ 208 FSB with timings of 4-2-2-2.0 @ 2.77 Vdimm

dpw2atox said:
what is the best ram to buy for a fair price? I want to run a 190MHz - 200Mhz FSB on my kt333 chipset so i need pc3200 ram and at cl2 if posessible but what brand has the best price/performance ratio???

In my opinion (and that may not be worth much) I would go for Twinmos DDR400. It works great on your board and is pretty consistant in it's performance and it's ability to run cas2 1t without a ton of overvolting.

Twinmos

Good luck

Shad

Back