• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help quick!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Extol

I just bought some oem pc-2700 with samsung chips on it. Ok i installed it and went into the bios and it recognized that I now have 512mb of ram instead of 256 which is right. But now when windows xp gets ready to load and just before the widows xp logo comes up i get this error "system32\drivers\pci.sys". This is with the Asus P4B533 MB. This ram wouldnt work in my p4s333 board. Any suggestions before I take it back to the store? I read the asus manuall and followed every configuration they said. If I try the ram in a slot by itself all I get is a black screen, and it wont boot.

Does it work by itself? Does it NOT work only when with the other RAM you had before? What is the other RAM?

So many questions left unanswered. I would guess it's either incompatible, or faulty memory.

Kaswyn said:
Does it work by itself? Does it NOT work only when with the other RAM you had before? What is the other RAM?

So many questions left unanswered. I would guess it's either incompatible, or faulty memory.

No it wont work by itself just gives me a black screen. But if the memory was bad it wouldnt recognize with the other stick in ther right? Thats what it does If i have the other stick in there in boots up and recognizes the correct amount in the bios. Then after it posts it tries to boot and gives this error system32\drivers\pci.sys

try removing the new ram and see if it will boot~ and then take out the good stick and just put the "bad" stick in and try it!

The Spyder said:
try removing the new ram and see if it will boot~ and then take out the good stick and just put the "bad" stick in and try it!

Without the new ram the computer works fine. If I use just the new ram the computer wont even boot up just a black screen.

Sounds like faulty ram. It may work a little bit, but it could just work enough to get detected and then get messed up. I would RMA it.

Back