• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 different brands of Memory.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coxjeet

Registered
Yeah I bought some samsung 256 pc2700 ddr oem ram from newegg for 67 bucks. Well I was just planning on using that stick until I got enough money for another stick. But turns out I can get another stick.
Question is say if I get a different brand of same type of ram will I have any problems?
I know I should of went with 1 stick,but like I said before I didn't have enough.
So what brand should I go with the same or a different brand for the same price?

I do plan to overclock a little bit,so I shouldn't have any problems with memory right?
1700+ xp
Epox 8rda+
Sk7 hs
Radeon 9500 pro
etc
Note my system isn't put together yet. Hey great Idea for a Forum I just noticed this memory forum.

I would go for same ram. Doesn't the slowest ram dictate the speed at which both can run at?

You could also try and sell the stick you got and buy one big *** stick :D

The same kind will always work together, most of the time different brands will work, but sometimes it causes problems. I would just buy another stick of samsung or like BoB said sell the samsung and buy one 512mb stick. If you buy 512mb stick Corsair is a great brand.

Back