• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these 2 should i go with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Ok, I have basically narrowed down my ram search to these two diff sticks from Kingston. Its between the pc2100 512mb stick for 125 dollars and the Kingston pc2700 512mb stick that's ETA is tommorow for 140 dollars. O ya, does ECC registered matte rthat much? Neither are registered.

i think the ecc registered thing is for dual cpus but im not sure. you might want to chekc out a crucial 2700 for 132 2 day shipped with the speacial link in cyber deals

If ECC is for a non-dual, then it is not reccommended and it will slow things down a bit. If it is for a dual, it will still slow things down a bit but may be needed for stability.

If you plan on going over 133mhz, I would go with the pc2700. That's guaranteed up to 166mhz.

i need it to me by christmas, and i dont wanna rely on googlegear for speedy shipping. I will go look for that crucial deal

i just ordered a stick from crucial for i think 65.44 with the 15% off, i think it said if you order before 12 noon today you should get it friday. 12 noon today being 12 noon tomorrow i think cause its almost 1.

does that mean 12 noon today? If i waited till after should I get it by christmas?

Back