• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is going wrong here terrible memory and CPU Nr’s in sandra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michael westen

What is going wrong here terrible memory Nr’s in sandra

Don’t get it got everything fast in my bios and still I got these terrible numbers Sandra
For my memory and CPU can any one help me what’s going on here
cpu throttling maybe ????
But still docent tell me why my memory is so bad
see my sing for my system setup

Greetings Michael

Last edited:
would love to but some how i am not alouwd to post pic's anymore

memory
int 1741
float 1739

CPU
dhry 5506 mips
whet 1497/3502 mflops

greets michael

How many application icons do you have in your system tray by the time on the start bar??

Are you 100% sure your BIOS settings are correct??

Have you tried the CPU on another board or another CPU on your current board??

found wcuid out that my memory was runing @ 120 3/4 of fsb
but it is still low

memory
int 1741 > 2351
float 1739 > 2358
mem 3/4 > 1/1

its a good 300watt power supply
thinking of geting aa bigger one but still dosent explane why my memory is so low

At the bottom of Sandra benchmark and info are "tips" check those out.

Also, do you have your system BIOS settings set correctly for the RAM?
I would bump up your PSU to at least a 400Watt or more.
Also, I would check the RAM on another motherboard as well as the CPU to be sure.

You have a lot of hardware for a tiny 300watt so I'm thinking that is the real issue. Not enough power to go around.

yeah i'd say power might be contributing to your problem 12 harddrives consume alot of power. 2351 and 2358 don't seem all that bad. you should be able to get more though. if your cas latency is 2.5 try running it at 2. also what are the other ram timmings?

No that can’t be the problem with the memory speed if my powersupply couldn’t handle it, it would crash my system not lower my memory bandwidth
And I have corsair 400 MHz memory running at 320 MHz and timing 2.2.2.5

Last edited:
It SHOULD crash your system but that doesn't mean it will. Actually I think it would act this way, since you are dropping so much power over so many other items. I think the motherboard can't handle the loss and is taking it out on componants when it has to.
Get a higher watt PSU, at least a 550 and then run your tests. 12 hard drives and a burner on a 300watt?? come on bud. :)

hey this PSU was 175$ and is better then most so cald "450watt" PSU i have try't to crash it all hd and cd on in adaptec hd benchmark + i had prime95 or UT2003 bench on N.P.

OK well this is beyond my help. I'm just saying I don't see how a 300watt PSU will power ALL you items AND run a motherboard chipset the way it should even if you changed the pots on it.

Good luck to you and sorry I wasn't able to help solve your issue.

i get
int 1975
float 1860
maybe which is also way below the average, i'm going to change the memory back to 266mhz and see if it helps

ofcorse yours is lower you run your mem @ 278 MHz i run mine @ 320 MHz that explane's the speed diverents also timing can do a lot 2/2.5/3 cian cost 100 points e.z.

greetz michael

mike maybe you could run your ratio cpu:mem differently. I assume its 1:1 currently. does your board allow you to do 4:5 that shoulkd boost your scores. Don't have much more than that single ddr is a serious bottleneck for a p4.

Back