• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best ram to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grindee

ok, right now i have 1 stick of pc2700 samsung, i was debating to buy another stick(but i heard its bad oc?) or i was thinking to buy some higher quality ram such as corsair or kingston. What ram is the BEST, and where can i get it cheaper than newegg.com. THanks. I want pc2700, 3000,3200, or 3500. Thanks.

wanna sell me some?

Who has some used Corsair, mushkin or kingston to sell me(prefer Corsair). I need a 512mb stick of pc3000 or 3200. Thanks.

samsung 2700 is good. if you wanted to go better than i would suggest going with corsair XMS

Re: wanna sell me some?

grindee said:
Who has some used Corsair, mushkin or kingston to sell me(prefer Corsair). I need a 512mb stick of pc3000 or 3200. Thanks.

only in the classifieds my friend. Plz delete this post before the mods see it

Corsair XMS PC3200C2 uses 6ns Winbond chips and the PC3500 uses 5ns Winbond.

larva said:
Corsair XMS PC3200C2 uses 6ns Winbond chips and the PC3500 uses 5ns Winbond.
yah and Mushkin PC2700 Level 2 HighPerf uses 5ns Nanya.

Seems to be most powerful.

Mushkin PC2700 Level 2 HighPerf 512mb stick@ 212~ 213mhz FSB@ 2.95v only.

212fsb_mushkin.png

Corsair XMS pc3500 cas2 is the best, but it has problems with the Nforce2 chipset. If you have or are considering purchasing a board with the aforementioned chipset, corsair XMS pc3200 cas2 is the best.

There are others that come reasonably close, but XMS is reliably fast. Others may beat it, but it's just as likely that XMS will beat them. XMS is a sure thing. The others are just luck.

Back