• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Memory??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elite

I have a stick of 512mb PC3200 Geil which was pretty good memory. Everything was working fine, and i havent really o/ced on my new comp yet so i couldnt have messed it up. Now my comp doesnt turn on. My friend let me borrow some 256mb of Pc3200 Geil(same stuff just 256), and it worked fine. I dont see what i could have done to it? I was wondering if anyone could help me on that. My board is a MSI KT4 Ultra which does support 400 mhz DDR ram. And anyways it worked fine, then just died soo its messed.

I dont think i shocked it, and ive tried to reset the c-mos many times, and still no boot, i never removed it from the slot so how could i shock it?

Youd don't need to remove a component from it's spot in order for static discharge to ruin it.

All it takes is a simple little jolt.

Have you tried taking your RAM out and testing it in your friend's computer?

Ok, i just took out my memory, put in my friends memory, didnt boot, put back in my memory, and it booted and worked fine. LoL i dont get it?? But i am not complaining at all. I have no idea how but its fixed, thank you for your help.

Back