• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RDRAM OC Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryw2

Registered
P4 2.2 @2.53 2-256 Samsung PC800 16bit 40NS sticks. Nvidia GForce2 Ti
Quantun Atlas 10K and WD 1200JB. Asus P4T-E. Win Xp Pro.

I can not get the memory past 115 fsb and still be stable at 4x with or without turbo on. If I slow mem to 3x can get to 122fsb but lose mem bandwith. Can this memory run faster than 920 and how do I do it with this board.

hard to say.920 is a decent overclock for a stock pc800 memory and stock direct rambus clock generators. word is, the newer 40ns memory will clock up pretty high (pc 1100 or so). if you wanna get higher youd probably have to change out the memory clock generators to the higher 533 type. i did that with my th7ll and it screams

Memory Clock Generators

Can the memory clock generators be changed on an Asus P4TE.
If so, how do I get them and instructions for install.
Also these mem sticks are new.

the ones i used were the texas instruments cdc-fr83 533 rambus clock generators. for a while ti was giving samples away for free,but now you ll have to buy them. check out digikey, thats where i bought mine(2) i think it was 8.00+ shipping. take them and the mb to a pcb rework company in your area to get them changed out. ( toosmall to do by yourself. check out the asus forum and see if someone has already tried this with your particular mb.Lastly,i am confident this mod will work,however there is no gurantee with these kinds of mods. Onething is sure tho, this mod,if successful will give you a monsterous increase in mem bandwidth.

My pc800 goes to 1066 easy with my 2.4b at 133fsb. I have to set ram to 3/4 to overclock though. My samsung is the orignal 16 device stuff....45ns.

Jimingle10 said:
most samsung will hit 1066 easily, RMA and try again lol..!

What is RMA? heard of this a lot,but not sure what it stands for. As far as i can tell, it means to return something under warrenty?

Back