• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeIL memory.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lee

ok, have seen this memory @ googlegear but have never heard of it - currently have 512MB of crucial pc2100 but would like to upgrade to 3200..........crucial doesn't list that at their site so i assume they don't make it so i am looking at the other memory-makers (corsair-very good / kingston-?/ GeIL-? / Mushkin-very good)...........anyone using the GeIL?........and how is its overclocking capabilities?............

I have it right now(512 mb PC3200 Geil) and so far i like it, havent really done any high overclocking yet. I'll tell you when i do though..

I also like it and am very surprised its such decent stuff

Bought a pc3200 512mb stick from Newegg refurb.

But imho if you want a sure thing pick up some Corsair XMS ;)

If you like to gamble and try to save some bucks go with Geil or play it safe and pay more but go with Corsair XMS. I did the play it safe, last I saw at googlegear.com they had XMS3200C2 512mb for 170.00 plus .50 for fedex 2 day air. Not a bad deal.

Zazuk said:
If you like to gamble and try to save some bucks go with Geil

It's kind of funny, I took a gamble so that when Geil was discussed by people I could add my comments saying its lousy...But much to my chagrin, I can't :rolleyes:

yep, that's why i asked - it's very tempting cuz i can get more for my money and i would like to have more..........

Back