• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Found a Ram Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice find . Some very good info (and identifying images) . Thanks ..... ;) :D

Last edited:
Whats really funny is that I found it by chance because I'm going to build a new system,but I have no clue what ram i can use on the mainboard I have chosen, lol. I read the article and it did clear up some stuff, but i still don't know what I should get for ram. :(

here is the mainboard i went with:
Asus A7S333, Socket A, SiS745 Chipset (ATX)

And here is the Cpu I want:
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ @ 266Mhz FSB (Socket A) 256k OEM

I thought about getting 256Mb DDR SDRAM Ram Module, PC2700
for the ram, but im not too sure. This comp I'm building has to be as fast as I can get it, but with the budget of $1000 Canadain. Kinda hard to do up here with a low dollar value. :(

EDIT:

Ok I know all this info should not go here in this Memory section of Overclockers.com, but I figured that if I show you guys all the stuff im buying it might help you help me for the ram.

Nest Mid Tower ATX Case w/ 7 Bays w/ Window, w/o Power Supply
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ @ 266Mhz FSB (Socket A) 256k OEM
Thermaltake Volcano 9 Heat Sink & Fan
Asus A7S333, Socket A, SiS745 Chipset (ATX)
256Mb DDR SDRAM Ram Module, PC2700
20 GB Maxtor Ultra-133 5400RPM 2048k 12ms OEM
Panasonic 3½ in (1.44Mb) Floppy Disk Drive, Black
On-Board AGP Video built-into motherboard
Samsung 16X DVD-ROM Drive (Black) OEM
3COM 10/100Mb PCI Network Card OEM

I have a Geforce4Ti 4200 already so im not buying another vid card. I also have a soundblaster Live 5.1 Mp3+gamer so i dont need the sound card or spearkers. I can get a keyboard for $2.50 (used) and a mouse for $15 (used Optical). I can get a monitor for $80 (used 17" refurbished) I can also get a 435W power supply for about $114
All the stuff up^^^^^ there cost $685.02 Canadian, but dosent include Tax or shipping. With tax it's $787,77 with NO shipping charges yet.
I think i have done a good job picking out what I want for the budget I have. Only thing I think I really need help with is the Ram :(

Last edited:
for the money the SAMSUNG PC2700 is a good ram for general overclocking and for a price of $70 for 256meg strip you can't get any better for any less. but if you are wanting to do some extreme o/c tha go for broke and get some XMS CORSIAR PC3200.

HELLO,MOD, CAN WE GET A STICKY? PLEASE!:clap:

Back