• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS 3200 and Higher FBS.. HOW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

I have a A7V333 rev 1.4.
Bios 1014
Tbred XP2400 (AUICB week 44)

I cannot get past 141 in Turbo mode with 2,2,2,5,1T. (at 15x Mult.)

I cannot get past 166 (with a 13x mult.) without setting my memory to 2,3,3,6. My memory benchies in Sanrda are about on par with PC2700 Cas 2.5 at this!

How in the world are you guys getting 180-200 front bus speeds and maintaining the fast memory settings and getting 2800+ in memory benchmark in Sandra?

Is it that my CPU cant go past 2.17ghz?

Would I be able to reach higher front bus speeds with faster memory timings IF i unlocked my CPU?

I dont want to unlock it and then not be able to get back to having the higher multipliers.

I wonder if I unlocked it I could get 11.5 x 187 with fast memory timings?

Tell me what memory timings you have with 180+ front bus...

Maybe i'm crazy here, but isn't the A7V333 motherboard limited to a 333Mhz FSB? (I can't double check since i'm at work)

If that's the case, then right there is probably what is limiting you.

I would think first off you would need to unlock this baby so you have the lower multi., then I would lower that multi. down to something around 9 or 10 and start from there. I think your trying to push the chip alittle hard and reaching the max of its abilities. I think you need to connect the 5th L3 bridge to get lower mult. below 12.5.

I may unlock it, but I still need to know how what memory timings are any of you getting that have higher front bus speeds (IE over 185mhz)?

I set my DDR400@DD333 by spd (PC3200 cas2.0@PC2700 cas2.5

SOYO COMBO FEATURE
System performance...............Normal
CPU frequency mode...............Manual
Frequency 1 MHz stepping......171
CPU to PCI divider.................../5
Dram: AGP: PCI clock.............168 -- 68 -- 34 can't change
Dram clock.............................166
CPU ratio of select.................13.5X171
CPU voltage select.................1.775v
DDR (2.5) voltage select.........2.6
AGP (1.5) voltage select.........1.6
press ESC

Advance tune-up settings
Dram timing..........................By SPD
Dram Cas latency.................2.5 can't change
Bank Interleave....................Disabled can't change
Precharge to active (Trp)......3T can't change
Active to precharge (Tras).....6T can't change
Active to CMD (Trcd)..............3T can't change
Dram Burst length..................8
Dram command rate..............2T command
Dram access time..................2T
Dram queue depth................4 level
Dram tWTR............................1
Write covering time...............2T
AGP performance...................Fast
AGP fast write.......................Enable

SiSoftware Sandra
ram
Ram Int Buffered aEMMX/aSSE............... 2558 MB/s
Ram float Int Buffered aEMMX/aSSE........2398 MB/s
use 93%......(Over PC2700 but under PC3200)
Over all system performance :D

3Dmark 2001 se?
graphics like I like them highest quality (vid card settings)
test run 1024X768 32 bit 13477
Tested with graphics highest performance /oc
test run 640X480 16 bit LOLOLOLOL 20000000000

ok ill break down and tell ta my ancient secrets!
on the timings disable the t1.for somereason it really limits the fsb you can run with best timeings.2.0-2-2-5 t2 should take you upto and over 200 fsb :)

yes unlock that chip.if you dont u wasted the money on the corsair memory.
also check out the asus mobo section and do a search on "vdimm overvolt" lets u increase the voltages on the memory also.i had to but u might not need to.

i suggest while doing the memory ocing ,drop the multi so the chip doesnt run over the stock speed.that way you eliminate cpu errors.then once u maxed the ram out put that max fsb with a matching multi to take back to cpu max mhz.

once u get a hang of that mobo its like driving a caddy :)

btw Beast_USA if u change the dram timings to "user defined" instead of spd u can change the timings.

My XMS3200 is running at 2-2-5 1T C2 199MHz @ 2.8vdimm. The way I did it was to lower my multiplier and jack the FSB. XMS3200 is rated to do 200MHz 3-3-6 1T C2/C2.5 (depends on what stick you got). Hope that helps somewhat.

~THT

btw Beast_USA if u change the dram timings to "user defined" instead of spd u can change the timings

Thanks, I know just runs better for me when I don't go there. LOL

hi,

just unlock it with grease, if you don't want it unlock wipe grease off and youre set,

highspeedpc has a nice kit for cheap:D

Back