• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Kingston 2100 same as new XMS3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

I had a kingston 2100 for a while and i only could get 175 x 10 with vcore 1.85 & vmem 2.8. Now i got some xms3500 hoping to get a little bit more, but i have tha same thing. Allready tried 180 x 9.5 but it dosent runn stable.

Could this be my board? MSI KT4 dosent have a PCI/AGP lock.
Also my memory timing are in auto and are detected as 333 cas2.

Can someone give my and idea on what to do?

Probably the first thing you should try is to lower your mult to make sure its not your cpu thats your limitation(like lower it to 7 or something just to make sure that fsb is not causing problems).

You could probably go a tad more fsb before pci and agp is too high. There really is no way that its your memory at that speed.

What kind of temps are you getting anyways? What do your voltages look like?

For what its worth the MSI boards are not the greatest overclockers around.

Deathknight, my temps are 39 idle 43 full ( prime95 ). I have the volts at maximum vcore 1.85 & vmem 2.8.

My PCI/AGP at 37-38 goes caput, even if i bring down the mult to 9.

theres no way for me to go more than 185 without having problems. im now at 185 x 9.5, if i go 10 x 180 it wont boot.

Also i can go alone with my CPU to 12.5 stable. so i font think its the cpu. Could this the memory? What else can i do?

try stripping everything out of your system, except motherboard, cpu ram and a disk drive, then play around with the settings and turn them up as much as u can, then test your overclocks with memtest86. then find a stable speed without errors. Start putting your computer back peice by peice, and u will see which, if any of your components are failing.

Digital

deadzone,
How overclockable is the MSI KT4 board? What's the FSB OC'able range with that board? that's what you need to find out first. If the board is limiting your FSB, you won't be able to do high FSBs even with good oc'able AGP/PCI components and RAM. I don't know much about the MSI KT4 that's why im asking this. Has anyone else done high FSBs with that board? let us know..

i'm going to test digital suggestion, ill stripp everything ( the only thing i can take its the nic ) and see if that whats holding me.
s
I wonder how do people get 180 x stock multi on some rigs?

Back