• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows unable to process the registry, not enough RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KerryrreK

Have I reached the edge of my RAM at this voltage? I tried to boot at 162 fsb 3:4 divider and got that message in win98se, lowered it to 161 and it booted fine. Im only at 2.6V (reads 2.58-2.57) but I dont really want to go higher. 2.9 GHz on air is fine with me! Strangely though, I've run 163 fsb on this same system with same mem voltage and higher core voltage without a problem. Then when I did a motherboard BIOS flash it wouldnt boot at 163 fsb.

Basically, my question is, is this a normal error to have when your on the edge of your memory speed?

Kerry

Can't say as I remember that particular message but I've found that you can expect usual behavior. Don't know but figured it was whatever problem the OS experienced during its boot cycle and that it might differ from one time to the next. :cool:

Back