• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing BIOS - Asus P4PE; doesn't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Klashe

Registered
Has anyone ran into the problem of not being able to flash the BIOS? I have been unsuccessful in flashing the BIOS, be it version 1002 or 1003. I have the Asus P4PE Motherboard.

Klashe said:
Has anyone ran into the problem of not being able to flash the BIOS? I have been unsuccessful in flashing the BIOS, be it version 1002 or 1003. I have the Asus P4PE Motherboard.
I was able to get the bios 1002 update fom asus website. Download the file then use the EZ flash asus. There is a section that says update bios by file. Select the file that you downloaded.
Mike

No, what he is saying is that he cannot flash the BIOS at all. He has downloaded the correct version for his particular motherboard and the flash utility does not except the BIOS because it does not match the motherboard--even though it does. I have the same problem. I can't flash it in Windows or at boot...

I have yet to see suggestions. I did in fact try that place you directed me to, and no one seems to be interested in my case. Grr... I'd really like to figure out why I can't flash the BIOS due to a mismatch error. No BIOS image can be found to correspond with my motherboard, and this is very strange. SiSoft Sandra 2003 detects my motherboard along with the version of the BIOS just fine(version "ACPI Revision 1001").

Last edited:
Are you trying to flash via the old style floppy? Or are you using the "Asus Update" program that comes on the motherboard driver CD?

Back