• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about connectors with an Asus P4PE and Antec Trupower 430 PSU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidOz

Registered
I just assembled my first system together and everything seems to be working fine.

The question I have is with the PSU and the fan connector. There is a two wire (blue and black wires) and a 3 pin connector which I believe is the fan speed monitoring connector which I am unsure where to plug into on the MB.

I tried connecting it to PWR_FAN 1 plug on the mobo but upon bootup I get an error and it tells me to check the bios. This points me to the fan speed for the PSU but it's highlighted in red so I assume it's plugged in the wrong spot so unplugging that fixes that error.

So can that blue and black - 3 pin connector be plugged in anywhere on the mobo?

Thanks in advance.

I had this problem too, although my powersupply is from Enermax, I know exatly what the problem is. You have it plugged in the right place, your powersupply likely can regulate the fan speed according to temp. What is happening is that your mobo is detecting the PS fan speed to be running below allowable speeds as set by the BIOS. Enter the BIOS and go to Hardware monitoring - decrease the allowable RPM limit to like 1700RPM or something and your error will go away - as your system warms up your powersupply fan will increase RPM - install Asus probe and check your fan speeds, you can adjust all limits there.
Good luck - let me know if it works out.

Thanks for the reply. This was the last issue I had with the mobo. I just went into the bios - hardware monitor - and just changed the fan speed to NA. I tried to change the values in the bios but I wasn't able to find any options to allow me to do that.

In the Asus probe it did pick up my fan speed at 1500.

Thanks for the help as that took away the error message at bootup and seems ok since the fan speed is still being picked up in on the asus probe. :)

Back