• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best deal on xms pc3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Altar

Registered
512mb-- googlegear has a silver heat spreader one for $175, anyoen seen better?

Yeah 174.99 at tigerdirect.com lol

Also some places at pricewatch have it for 171.00

True BUT the big difference is Newegg and Googlegear are reputable retailers. I haven't bothered to check the other company's RR score but I'll bet they're on the lower end of the spectrum. I have personally found that going with the cheapest company usually gets you the least after-purchase service and the most after-purchase screwing.

~THT

I have used Googlegear once, and never again. I ordered a stick of RAM, rec'd it, and it was the wrong one. I mistakenly ordered the wrong one. Never opened it, and emailed them to return, and wanted to order a more expensive stick. They were going to charge me a restocking fee (15%).. I wouldn't buy from them again if they were the only vendor on the planet. Crucial, and NewEgg for me. Thanks.

Generally, I call if there's a problem like that so you can avoid the 15% restocking fee. Email will get you very standardized answers whereas a phone call is a bit more personal and you can really explain your situation better.

~THT

This is a good idea, although sometimes falls on the first jump- ever tried phoning compaq tech support?;)

LOL, my laptop's a Compaq, second hand as well. There's no such thing as "help on tech support" from compaq for new PC owners, try calling and explaining you got one of these things 2nd hand, 3rdparty :D

It's funny but Compaq "quality" is what got me started building computers. I had three die on me in six months (two desktops and a laptop) so I finally gave up and built my own 1.33GHz Tbird

~THT

*raises hand* yeah me too...its worth a few extra bucks to go with a good company, NEWEGG is awsome, i had a problem, and they refunded me fully, no restocking fee nothing, i would recomend them to anyone, always good to buy from, except they have OEM XMS from corsair, unless you dont care about that, but yeah...

Top Hat Theater said:
True BUT the big difference is Newegg and Googlegear are reputable retailers. I haven't bothered to check the other company's RR score but I'll bet they're on the lower end of the spectrum. I have personally found that going with the cheapest company usually gets you the least after-purchase service and the most after-purchase screwing.

~THT

Top Hat Theater said:
It's funny but Compaq "quality" is what got me started building computers. I had three die on me in six months (two desktops and a laptop) so I finally gave up and built my own 1.33GHz Tbird

~THT

It's sad really, as that's what Compaq is famous for- build quality :eh?:.

Back