• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best price for a Abit BD7-ll?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't think newegg.com has any Abit refurbs right now, but they do sell new retail BD7-II mobos for $90, which is a pretty good deal from a reputable reseller.

The cheapest according to pricewatch is $85 from a place called PartsPC.com which I know nothing about. I'd rather spend an extra $5 and get fast shipping from newegg.com which is a proven reseller (I've personally ordered from them numerous times).

Googlegear has it also, for 93.99 with free shipping. I personally use only Newegg and Googlegear for parts. They are both large and reputable dealers. Fast shipping usually, too.
I have a BD7-II board that I am going to use in a 2nd system. I can't see much difference between it and the newer BE7 that I now have, other than some differences in the bios. It's a great board as far as I am concerned and I even had mine go belly-up on me, which is why I have the BE7. But Abit rma'd the BD7-II with no problems. Every manufacturer has something break occaisionally. I even had a non-o/c'd MSI TI4600 suffer an onboard memory failure (I think is what happened).

SniperXX said:
BTW: I'm planning on runnin' a P4 2.2GHz NW.

I do hope you mean a 2.26 P4. The 2.2 is a poodle. My recomendation would be the 1.8a or 2.4b.

While the BD7-II is a great overclocking board, the new Albatron 845pe is as well, and 5 bucks cheaper at newegg. The 845pe chipset adds a 4:5 fsb:memory ratio in addition to the 3:4 of the elder 845e chipset. While the goal is to get on the 3:4 anyway, sometimes ram quality does not allow it.

I picked up a refurb from newegg a couple of weeks ago for 39 Bucks and I didn't have any problems whatsoever. They pop up quite frequently, if your not in a huge hurry just check there site out a few times a day.

larva said:

I do hope you mean a 2.26 P4. The 2.2 is a poodle. My recomendation would be the 1.8a or 2.4b.

While the BD7-II is a great overclocking board, the new Albatron 845pe is as well, and 5 bucks cheaper at newegg. The 845pe chipset adds a 4:5 fsb:memory ratio in addition to the 3:4 of the elder 845e chipset. While the goal is to get on the 3:4 anyway, sometimes ram quality does not allow it.
try rockin the chip above 167 fsb. i have heard that the board is great, but it has problems above 167fsb.:(

Back