• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz Pc3700 Ddr?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiltz

Ocz PC3700 DDR?

wow, i didnt even know they had pc3700 out already.
ocz press release

browsing around their product page, OCZ even has "EL DDR PC-3500 Dual Channel Optimized" ram, lol

eh but whats cool is they will be qualifying their new pc3700 ram to run on abit it7-max2s :)

Even though some people have reported good results recently with the OCZ EL DDR I would still be very wary about this stuff. After all they don't even manufacture the ram.

niether does corsair and a fair number of other memory modual companys. the proof will be in the pudding with this stuff. but they've taken quite a leap to be the first to stamp 466 DDR on their stuff

Anyone remember when OCZ was the first to come out with PC3000 after everyone got big on releaseing PC2700?

I remember it well, it was terrible, Samsung PC2700 (the first series) just murdered it, and had much better overclockability. This is just like the GeIL fiasco with the release of GeIL PC3500 before anyone had non-beta PC3200, and the GeIL stuff was bogus compared to Samsung and Corsair XMS PC3200.

Let's just not get too excited over something that is in the midst of a company that has let us down before. But I don't want to jump to judgements immediately either. If someone does pick up some of this if it becomes available soon, I'd really enjoy checking out some benchies.

tragic_monkey said:
well if it wont run a default speeds it can be RMA'd you cant do that with Corsair 3200 that wont go as fast as you would like

An OCZ RMA is not that simple, most people have a lot of trouble returning ram they bought from OCZ.

Back