• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce 2 dual channel memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Infinite Enigma

Registered
i am about to purchase an epox 8rda+ mobo, to switch from my gigabyte 7vax. i am using 2 sticks currently, one corsair xms pc3200 cs 2, and a kingston pc2700 cs 2.5. both 512 mb. i can get the kingston to 400 mhz stable , but a problem with using both sticks is the kingson is 2.5 , so i cant o/c as well with it in as the corsair alone. i was wondering if the dual channel memory bus on the nforce boards, particularly the epox i am getting, allows tweaking of each individual dimm settings. could i use both sticks, run the kingston at 2.5 and the corsair at 2 cs, and get a stable outcome, considering it uses one to read from while the other prepares data. or is this not architecturally possible, or supported by the boards ? knowing this answer will be the deciding factor in whether or not i sell the kingston , and get another corsair. anyone know if this is possible ? and also if it is possible to run each dimm at different speeds ? thanks for any help .

AFAIK, RAM settings are applied to all DIMMs installed. Dual channel technology refers to applying another 64-bit channel to access the memory, thereby theoretically doubling the bandwidth available.

~THT

Back