• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte owners: Easy tune 4 is out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberey66

I was looking around gigabyte's site to see if any new updates are out, and I saw easy tune 4 was out. My mobo is supported so I'll download it now. It looks cool, i just hope it works.

New features

- Async Mode: In this mode you are able to change the AGP/PCI/DRAM clock value individually.

- Divider Mode: In this mode you are able to change the divider value of AGP/PCI/DRAM.

- Multiplier Mode: Can change the multiplier, obviously won't effect intel though.

- Voltage Mode: can change agp and memory voltages by 0.1v and cpu core by 0.025v

- Can hange system bus

- Warning messages for fans, you choose the rpms to set off warning.

- Hardware Monitor - Temps, rpms, and voltages.

It looks awesome, just hope it can do everything it is supposed to.

http://www.giga-byte.com/home/eztune4/et4_index.htm

You go first. Getting divider control would be nice, but the next time I have a good experience with Easy Tune (or any Windows-based overclocking control) will be the first.

And this may sound horrible, but if you don't know how to get into BIOS and work with the settings there, you probably don't know enough about computers to be overclocking in the first place.

BHD

BaldHeadedDork said:
You go first. Getting divider control would be nice, but the next time I have a good experience with Easy Tune (or any Windows-based overclocking control) will be the first.

And this may sound horrible, but if you don't know how to get into BIOS and work with the settings there, you probably don't know enough about computers to be overclocking in the first place.

BHD

I installed it, but I won't restart until later. Well, it's more of a toy to play with. The bios doesn't have async settings though, so that is where it would be useful. I can possibly set the ram, agp, and cpu to the max stable speed individually. I'm just using the 4/3 mult for ram now, I hope the async works but i never heard of using async clocks for a mobo.

I put it on an XET-C last night. The one with the 1.1a in it.
Pretty much every option but Help and switching from
easy to advanced seemed to be disabled. The
auto-optimize did turn my FSB down from 137 to 136, but
that was all it would do.

Perhaps I should have tried it at default speeds......

I'm away from home now, so i can't play with it until next week. I actually setup VNC so i can play with it where I am now, but someone restarted my computer:mad: and vnc isn't set to run at startup. It's probally not a good idea to play with it remotly anyways.

I'll post back in a wekk when i check it out

its a cool little proggy. i like that you can save settings since i only like to oc when i am gaming or benching anyways. look forward to using it when i get my ga-8inxp. the monitoring seems more accurate than mbm as well.

None of the features seem to be supported in my board. It's not listed as not supported though, it's based on the via 649T chipset. I hope this is some type of mistake, I'll try reinstalling once. All I can do is change the system bus, and the hardware monitors are different then my MBM temps. I think the gigabyte one is accurate though as they are closer to the temps in my bios.

for the upcoming GA-8INXP granite bay board, this little proggy is what is gonna make this board rock. it will allow a wider selection of Vcore voltages than what is available in the BIOS.

I just got this and I oced my p4 2.4b to 2.6 with stock hs / fan. On async i didnt move the agp/pci speeds at all but i increased the FSB. Does this guarantee that the agp/pci slots are untouched?

i'm pretty sure that the agp/pci speed should be locked. most hard drives cant take excessive pci speeds so if you get hd corruption, that could be an indication that the pci speed is nt locked. the only sure way is to get a special pci card that can verify the pci frequency.

I just noticed that when I raise the FSB on easytune, the clock freq on the PCI slots increase... For my setting, it went up to 36mhz when i was running at 145 FSB.

Is there any way to lock this?

Also, I have a 2.4b p4 b0 stepping, and Easytune states that the default voltage is 1.550v whereas it should be 1.50v. The c1 steppings are 1.525v stock... whats up with this?

Last edited:
Back