• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rdram question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoopyLee-C

Registered
I have just upgraded my board and am now able to clock my ram

I have 2 x 128meg Pc800 Samsung sticks & 2 x 64meg chips unknown make at this moment in time.

Would I be better off taking the 2 x 64meg sticks out or would overclocking all 4 be ok ?

I have been told that the less sticks the better for reliability?

Also could some one explain what the 3`s and 4`s mean in the clocking ?

Thanks Loopy.:)

I'd say buy whole new RAM but if you can't afford it that's alright, overclocking 2 sticks of RAM is hard enough but 4 you'dhave to have some kickass cooling and voltage to do all that RAM you'd be better of going with just the 2 128 meg sticks and having the CAS latency at 2

the numbers 3 and 4 represent the the rdram multiplier. it helps you when overclocking. for instance, when you increase the fsb settings, the rdram 4x multiplier multiplies the rdram 4 times the fsb setting selected ex: fsb@ 125 = 500 rdram speed.as you increase the fsb it becomes tougher for the rdram to keep up, therefore the 3x multiplier @ 125 fsb would allow the rdram to run @ 375. this allows a higher fsb setting that would otherwise cause your rdram to fail

Back