• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will P4T-E overclock higher than 133 FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

im0y

Registered
I recently acquired a P4T-E with good memory clock generator chips, a 1.6A P4, and PC-800 Samsung RDRAMs. I was able to overclock them stable at 138 FSB and 4X memory. This gives me PC1066 speed. I also did the pin trick and was able to get a 1.7 Vcore.

Then I tried higher, I think about 150 FSB and 4x memory, but my computer crashes after Windows boots up. I tried lowering my memory to 3X and Windows boots up okay, but I'm not sure if it's stable.

So I guess my question is, is it possible to overclock to 150FSB and 4x memory. Doesn't this give PC1200 speed? If it is possible, what do you guys think is not working in my system and causes Windows to crash. My best guess is my memories. If it is, then what should I get to guarantee a 150 FSB and 4x memory. Thanks for any help because it will surely save me some money :)

Does it have the ICS Clockgen? I highly, HIGLY doubt that the RAM will function at that speed. And no, to get PC1200 speed, your FSB must be 166 @ 4x. I am using toshiba RDRAM, the highest FSB i got was 142 with RAM @ 3x. I am using a P4 1.8a...

Yes, I do have the ICS chips. I think its my memory and it simply can't run at PC1200 speeds. If I get a PC1066 RDRAMs, can it help me solve my problem by running at PC1200? If so, what kind of PC1066 should I get :(

Back