• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GB boards at gamepc.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speedy4500

Well, www.gamepc.com has 3 GB boards for sale...$260, $265, and $275 i believe were the prices. They are Gigabyte, MSI, and Tyan. But gamepc.com does cost more than newegg will...so maybe $230 or so at newegg.com. Still that's expensive for a motherboard...i'd buy an 845pe and better memory, better proc, better cooling, better video card.....etc.

Here's a scary thought: If, after the less than stellar reviews, the GB boards are still priced north of $200-what are the Canterwood boards with D-DDR400 and a 800MHz FSB going to cost?

BHD

Well, i wouldn't put too much faith in dual DDR400. It's complicated to get DDR400 or dual channel working alone...both at the same time?!?! Yeah, right. I would wait for a QDR memory architecture if they're ever gonna make a chipset with that. I think DDR333 is probably the highest speed you can get while maintaining the best of stability and reliability in performance. so....2.7 GB/s x 4 = 10.8 GB/s for a QDR333 (or would that be QDR666?) architecture. Like I said earlier, I would only go with an 845PE at this time, and probably for the next couple months. Granite Bay just doesn't offer anything special warranting the extra price. I also wouldn't buy an nForce2 just for the DCDDR, i'd get a nForce2 mobo for SATA, AGP 8x, nForce APU, and other features.

Back